What is Writers’ Refuge?
An opportunity to immerse yourself in a full day of writing facilitated in the AWA (Amherst Writers and Artists) method.
- For those who long to write, whether skilled or inexperienced, to dive deep into writing practice.
- The morning begins with muffins, hot drinks, and introductions, followed by unique prompts to inspire spilled ink.
- Participants are invited to share selected pieces of their freshly generated work for supportive feedback.
- After lunch, writers have the opportunity to continue working on a freshly generated piece or the spend uninterrupted time on a project.
- The afternoon concludes with readings of chosen pieces to receive encouraging feedback.
Writers’ Refuge begins at 10:00 a.m. Writers are welcome to arrive at 9:30 to settle in with a coffee or tea and muffin.
A series of on-the-spot timed writing exercises are offered to stretch those writing muscles and get the creative writer in you feeling more relaxed, focused and a little experimental.
The afternoon is spent in silent communion, working on whatever project calls to you.
Writing time is over at 3:30 p.m. when we gather to share some of what we’ve been working on, debrief, and discuss issues of craft.
Saturday, March 28, 2020: St. Paul’s Centre, Peter Street, Orillia, ON
Saturday, April 18, 2020: Upstairs, Leacock Home, Orillia, ON
Saturday, May 2, 2020: Upstairs, Leacock Home, Orillia, ON
$80. includes taxes, snacks, coffee/tea
For lunch, I’ll have sandwiches available, but you can choose to bring you own or pop out to a nearby restaurant.
Payment can be made by e-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your registration is confirmed when payment is received. This is because the group is limited in number and both food and prompts are prepared in accordance with attendance.